July Recipe: Macarons
We have received so many compliments from our guests on Chef's delicious macarons, that we have decided to share his recipe with you. Do let us know how you get on, we'd love to see your photos!
First set ingredients
150 grams of ground almonds
150 grams of icing sugar
55 grams of egg white
5 grams of colouring of your choice
1. Blitz almonds, icing sugar, egg white and colouring together until a smooth paste.
Turn out into a bowl and leave aside.
Second set ingredients
55 grams of egg whites
2. Meanwhile boil sugar and water until it reaches 110C then start to whisk the egg whites separately
3. Once the sugar has reached 118C pour over the whisked egg whites. Continue whisking until all cools to 50C
4. Add the egg whites in thirds to the original almond paste and fold in by hand until smooth and moves off spatula with ease
5. Bag the mixture and pipe onto grease proof paper in small rounds and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes tapping the tray on a surface occasionally
6. Bake at 180C for 8-10 minutes until risen and slightly crusted on top
7. Leave to cool completely before peeling off paper
8. Finally sandwich the two shells together with a filling of your choice
Strawberries and cream
Banana and toffee