Lemon Drizzle Traybake
- 225g Butter
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 lemon zest
- 85g sugar
- 1 juice of a lemon
1. Cream the butter and flour together until light, pale and easily drops off a spoon.
2. Add the eggs one at a time (to prevent the mixture separating) until well combined.
3. Fold in the sieved flour and zest.
4. Bake at 180c for 25 – 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
5. When the cake is baked take it out poke holes with a skewer in the surface of the cake taking care not to go all the way through.
6. Mix the sugar and juice together and then while the cake is still warm brush the juice mix generously over the cake and then leave to cool completely.