Why Not Give The Car A Day Off and enjoy our local walks? (and help the environment as well!)
We have route maps at Reception, just ask!
Respect your environment
Maintain the landscape: leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photographs, kill nothing but time. Take all rubbish home with you and make sure to follow the countryside code.
A Walk to East Meon
- Turn left out of the gate and walk up the lane not far.
- At the first house on the right (Pidham Cottage) turn in to the drive and behind the garage there is a gate.
- Walk up the path to the top of the hill!
- At the top turn left follow the track round to the right and then take the first left up the hill. There is a 'dog leg' at the top of the hill and then the track continues in the same direction until you get to the house and a road.
- Cross the lane and to your left there is a gate.
- Walk across the hill and over another style you then follow the top fence across the top of the hill.
- You will see East Meon at your feet and it looks like a toy village! There is a very dramatic dipped area which used to be used for growing vines.
- The Footpath takes you down the hill when you get level with the Church (Norman). Walk through the Churchyard and you will be in East Meon, where there are two Pubs, the Izaak Walton and The George. Both serve very good food.
Afterwards, you could catch the 67 Bus back to Langrish, or you could walk back!
A Walk to the Seven Stars
- Turn right out of the Langrish House drive
- When you get to the thatched house in the dip – you will see a stile and a path which crosses the garden.
- Cross the next stile and walk across the field towards the gate.
- Go through the gate and walk up the lane
- At the top of the lane – cross another stile and follow the fence line of the field.
- Straight ahead of you is a holly tree
- At the holly tree there is a stile – cross that stile and continue in a straight line across the field.
- When you get to the next hedge – follow round to the right and go down the path through the wood.
- The path forks to the left – towards a gate – and then across a couple of fields.
- You will come to a ‘road’ – which is very quiet – cross it and turn to the right almost immediately where there is another gate and a footpath marked.
- Follow the footpath through the little fields until you get to another road. This road is a bigger one and you should watch out for traffic.
- Turn left – and continue until you see : The Seven Stars
You can find many more local route maps to download on John Harris' website: Walking In England.